Thursday 5 September 2013

The Passport Issue

It's been a short while between visits and now I return refreshed from another inspiring holiday and get back into the wonderful grind of work...but not before eagerly telling you all about my fun filled trip to the West Coast of the United States.


First stop San Fransisco... 


"The coldest Winter I ever spent was a
Summer in San Fransisco"
The notorious quote by Mark Twain was confirmed for me on the second day in this humble cable car city, but the chill didn't dampen my spirits. I saw a wonderfully colourful city, with attractions that include Fishermans Wharf and Pier 23, the Golden Gate Bridge and of course The Rock (Alcatraz).

You may remember these colourful houses from the opening credits of the 90's TV show Full house

Next stop Las Vegas...

A creatively elaborated city with bright lights...in the middle of the Nevada desert. I spent my days here lounging by the pool day clubs and shopping in the forum shops of Caesars Palace.

The foyer of our hotel Aria



Lounging poolside
Something I can tick off my bucket list is that I took a helicopter ride into one of the seven natural wonders of the world- The Grand Canyon.

By night Vegas has an array of clubs to choose from, each with unique sounds from special guest and resident Dj's. The nightlife is exciting and the shows are nothing short of spectacular. I saw Cirque du Soliel's Zarkana - an awe inspiring show!

The Las Vegas strip at Night

Last stop Los Angeles...

Panoramic view from above the W Hotel in Hollywood

The hub of entertainment, the city of dreams, the place where many come to make it big in showbiz.
You can walk along the 'walk of fame' taking pictures with the stars of your favourite actors, directors, musicians and radio personalities.
Myself at Mark Wahlberg's Star

Rollerskating at the beautiful beach of Santa Monica was a highlight for me. It was a fab way to fit with the locals and an express form of transportation to Venice Beach from Santa Monica.

At Disneyland watching the colourful parade

I gotta say I had an amazing trip and returned with much direction and inspiration for the next collection.
Here's one I'll let out of the bag...you're guaranteed to see colour... ;)

Stay tuned...

Kisses,

Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we love hearing from you!